From his earliest days teaching inner-city high school students how to discover their potential and succeed no matter what their circumstances — to becoming a world-renowned transformational speaker and trainer who has conducted more than 2,500 workshops and events all over the world.
Jack Canfield has devoted his life and career to helping others achieve their personal definition of success and create lives of greater joy, meaning, and fulfillment.
Jack is the founder and former CEO of Chicken Soup for the Soul® Enterprises, which encompasses licensing, merchandising, and publishing activities around the globe. As its beloved creator, Jack fostered the emergence of inspirational anthologies as a genre — and watched it grow into a billion dollar market. With well over 500 million books sold to date worldwide, more than 250 titles in print, and translations into more than 43 languages, “chicken soup for the soul” is one of the world’s best-known phrases and is regularly referenced in pop culture.
- Jack got a “C+” in writing at Harvard and was always told he was an “average writer.” He graduated from Harvard with a Master's degree in Psychological Education.
- In his earliest days, he was a teacher at an inner-city high school in Chicago.
- Jack was rejected by 144 publishers for his first “Chicken Soup for the Soul” Book. Now, kids in China learn English in schools by reading the Chicken Soup book.
- Jack Canfield holds the Guinness Book World Record for having 7 books simultaneously on the New York Times Bestseller List, beating out Stephen King.
- For over 40 years, he has been teaching entrepreneurs, educators, corporate leaders, and people from all walks of life how to create the life they desire.
- He's trained 2,900+ Canfield Success Principles Trainers in 107 countries, founded the Transformational Leadership Council, and was inducted into the National Speakers Associations "Speakers Hall of Fame."